Sunday, June 1, 2008

Stepper Refinements


I was thinking about it some more, and figured that some small registration tabs might help line up the support to the caps while attaching, does PVC pipe glue work on the various kinds of plastic? While lining up the tabs I realized that the bottom cap is different from the top cap, it's mirrored, it won't line up right just rotating it, so you can't just print two that are the same. So while I was at it I added some mounting brackets. I also enlarged the files to mm scale, as this is the RepRap default.

Cap Top, Cap Base, Support, Rotor, Bearing-Clip

1 comment:

Demented Chihuahua said...

A very nice improvement. I'll be keeping an eye on this. I don't have my machine with me right now--we are moving and stuff is chaotic--but I will probably get around to printing one of these. Very clever. Nice way to help the project.

Demented