Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Cooking with gas


I melted some more HDPE, this time I did it in the garage on a gasoline burner. I wrapped the plastic in aluminum foil to keep it from sticking to the pan. Then I squashed it flat between two pans and left some heavy chain on it while it cooled. I ended up with a 1/4" x 8" cookie of plastic sheet, it's mostly flat, and the foil is well stuck to it. I'm not sure what I'll use it for. Mostly I've just been cleaning and storing stuff from the pile. My second computer won't boot any more, it sat too long, or it needs a battery, and the power supply was always extra noisy, it locks part way through boot up usually. I wonder if this was related to the ethernet problem I had last month, even though that computer is off most the time. All the time now I guess, maybe I'll get a couple new power supplies, and try one in that. I need another computer for the garage anyways, so I can do the RepRap stuff there.

No comments: